Friday 20 December 2013

Why do 'modified parent' and 'metal head parent' pages, posts and blogs annoy me?

Most always say along the lines of how we are amazing parents. Their whole premise is based on how I am a better parent because I like metal and ink.
Yes, a lot of modified and 'metal head' parents strive to be the best parents we can possibly be but there is so much more to me that tattoos, piercings and  music taste. The girls involved in that Ian Watkins case, I bet they have tattoos and listen to 'alternative' music, are they brilliant parents just for the fact they do? No.
Nothing about appearance makes a parent. I do not, in away way shape or form want to be judged on mine with even positive light, when it comes to my parenting.

I want you to judge me on the things that matter when it comes to raising a child.

I want you to see that my son is incredibly smart and is functioning two years ahead of himself and see how I try to keep up with his intellect and encourage him without pushing him to far.
I want that to be something I am judged on with my parenting, not my music taste.

I want you to see how happy my child is and see how we play and laugh and hug and read. I want you to see how healthy my child is and look in my cupboard and fridge and see I am trying to give him the best and healthiest starts to life I possibly can.
I want that to be something I am judged on with my parenting, not my hair colour.

I want you to see how I am trying to raise my child to use his words to communicate. I want you to see how I try to keep a liberal mind and plan to teach him about every aspect of everything I possibly can, be it different races and religions and sexualities and Marvel VS DC.
I want that to be something I am judged on with my parenting, not my tattoos.


love from
ZXSquecktrum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...