Thursday 12 September 2013

Quitting Smoking: Two Weeks On.

So as many of you know because I blogged about it here; Thursday 29th August was the day I decided to kick my smoking for good.
So I am not here, two weeks later, to brag about how well I personally think I've been doing.
I didn't smoke for the first six days, yeah, I was very grumpy and wanted to plan a trip to Dignitas so I didn't have to go through the process of quitting. I felt really irritable and just a bit more down than usual, I couldn't really sleep and felt really fatigued, and I also had horrible wind(I think Michael heard me fart more in those six days than he has in the 4 years we've lived together!). But had to keep taking my lozenges and try and block out how I was feeling.
But it was hard, knowing if I had a cigarette, I would actually feel better.
And the people outside the college everyday, smoking, it's all I could smell and all I could think about for a while...
Day seven was a different kettle of fish. I ended having two cigarettes and a roll up. I don't think I regret doing it though. I don't want to end up grudging quitting and just starting up again. I cried and I cried before I decided, it's ok, we're all allowed to mess up sometime. As long as we don't let it affect us in the long run.

So here I am, 14 Days after quitting having not smoked in seven days and I can't tell you how proud I am of myself. I am determined NEVER to go back to smoking again. I'm feeling better in myself and am glad I powered through these last two weeks.
Still carving a few times a day but I'm not going to put myself in the position where I could have a cigarette.




love from
ZXSquecktrum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...